Friday, October 17, 2008

Governor Dodge State Park...a long, long time ago...

Once, a long, long time ago...last Labor Day weekend...in a state park...in Wisconsin...named after a Governor...whos name was Dodge...and there was sandstone...Yes, there was sandstone...



We started out on the B2 bluff, through an occupied and unfriendly campsite, (I recommend estabishing a path NOT through the campsite, possibly left of the outhouse.)





This was an intresting little guy we noticed around the park. It's probably asain & intrusive, as all wildlife and foliage I come across and find unique and intriguing, is usually a devistatingly intrusive species.







This is Sandstone Violence that can be seen with less sun/shade contrast on Neil's blog. He also has a really nice video of Nic sending it.



Here's Hirsch making a something tall look rather small...



Moment it time...Pi falling on his kidney trying Illusions of Paradise. I've accumulated quite a collection of pictures of Pi hitting the ground. Someday I'll make a book.





The Godfather Boulder was sweet! Tall, free-standing, and featuring a perfect line right up the middle. Perfect!



And it comes with a perfectly place tree down-climb. Not so great when you're wearing shorts though...





Pi got a little something in his butt...







This was my second day climbing after taking a 3 week break from climbing, coupled with intensive acupuncture & chiro for a really tweaked up elbow. It was pain free for me that weekend, but EVERY muscle in my body was aching from unuse...I dropped off the top of this boulder a few times, always to pumped to top out. I'm psyched to go back and flash it next time.



I didn't even try this one...it has a really high jump start that you jump to off of a little ledge, up and left to the holds.







This is Secret Agent Man, or something. Chris Hirsch set out to re-climb it after a hold was broken. After a warm up run to set the draws, he sent it with effortless style. 5.13 something.
There you go Chris...I finally loaded your pictures!































1 comment:

Unknown said...

did pi send sandstone violence? just curious.