Sunday, December 28, 2008

God Damn!

Well, things could be going better for me...but they aren't. I've had about 3 days to climb, the rest I've spent laid up in my room, with my right intercostal, (rib muscle torn). I tried to go up to the Buttermilks with everyone yesterday, just to take pictures and hang out, but the cold just provoked the snot factory inside me and made me cough too hard again. I felt the right rib tear. Kris had to drive me back down to the room because it hurt to stand, pick anything up, and breathe. As soon as I feel better, something new pops up to smack me back down. My pessimism is at an all time peak.

Eric, Trinh & Mike showed up a few days ago. I spent 1 day in the Happies with them before my curse returned. Kris just left to drive Mike back down to Vegas to fly home. Joel & Erin are headed back up to the happies today with our dogs. Hopefully that's not too much for them. Crazy has totally warmed up to Joel, at last! The whole time Erin lived with us she cowarded away from him. A few apple cores and some other treats have fixed that!

I don't have much to say about climbing right now...since I haven't been climbing, but I'll post a bunch of pictures I've taken. They can probably speak better for the trip than I can...I'm just bad-mouthing it....stupid Bishop....stupid body....damn, I MUST be old now! I've been sick since I turned 30 and it sure doesn't look like the year will end any differently. I did see that it was in the 40's at Taylors the other day though, so I hope all you back home are enjoying your warmth! Maybe if I can do something here again I'll make another post, but right now, I wouldn't count on it!

























Many more pics to come...now it's off to the hot springs! Hopefully....

3 comments:

Julianne V. said...

So sorry to hear about your troubles, Lynn! =(
Take it easy and get well!!

Narc said...

FEEL BETTER SOON!

mooncalf said...

Hopefully you have found a usable combo of self medication. I try to keep a better outlook in that if a trip merely ends with a hot water bottle and a self induced blackout at least it wasn't commonplace. You do have the rest of the year to make up for it.